Alta’s team of designers, engineers, and urban planners work with cities to create system plans, including siting, design, and permits for the individual stations within bike share systems.
Our experience includes:
- Defining the coverage area based on our comprehensive demand modeling
- Establishing the density of the system based on context
- Incorporating system equity to ensure stations are accessible to a broad cross section of the community
- Siting potential station locations along key corridors, in safe, visible and popular destinations
- Understanding the available equipment options and design best practices
- Ground-truthing potential sites based on system needs, site conditions and physical requirements of the equipment
- Drafting station plans for permitting and installation
- Developing highly-graphic user-friendly maps and 3-D visualizations and mock-ups
We also maintain a feedback loop with the industry leaders who operate the various bike share systems we’ve helped launch. This open communication stream has given us an in-depth knowledge of how our station siting and design ultimately affects installation, deployment and operations and we are constantly refining this process.