Administrative Assistant (#1341)
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is an international consulting firm with a mission to create active communities. We plan, design, and implement infrastructure and programs that improve community and individual health, safety, mobility, and livability, such as bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, green-way, and roadway planning, design, and implementation, as well as outreach and education. Alta is actively seeking a creative and personable Administrative Assistant to join our Los Angeles, CA.
A general understanding of the needs of the organization and the ability to address these needs in a timely and effective manner is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this non-exempt, hourly position are to:
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure timely support of the organization and respond to the needs of all office personnel as necessary and appropriate.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Managing physical and digital records and arranging for offsite storage, as appropriate.
- Ensuring office facilities and equipment are well maintained, arranging for service in a timely manner, as necessary.
- Managing janitorial, break room and office supplies including ordering and organization.
- Organizing meetings, travel, appointments and other events as required or requested.
- Answering phones, screening and appropriately routing calls, greeting visitors, distributing mail and other deliveries, filing, faxing and other administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Providing other administrative support as requested.
- Absent Project Coordinator this position may also be responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities of those positions.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- One (1) or more years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar position providing customer-focused type support.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Exhibits discretion and confidentiality.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good MS Excel, Word, or similar product skills.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience in a professional services firm or public entity.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, or similar products.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm who specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations, but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures, and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.