Designer – Level 2 [#1235]
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is an international consulting firm with a mission to create active communities. We plan, design, and implement infrastructure and programs that improve community and individual health, safety, mobility, and livability, such as bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, and roadway planning, design, and implementation, as well as outreach and education.
Alta is a collaborative, positive, mission-based workplace that provides many opportunities for professional development, specialization, and mobility. In your work, you’ll tackle meaningful challenges that make a difference to communities and to the profession. We offer outstanding benefits and workplace flexibility.
A general understanding of the field of non-motorized transportation, the ability to collaborate across discipline boundaries to support the delivery of solutions which meet client expectations is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Contribute to the production of high-quality reports and analyses.
- Contribute to public outreach efforts and other project deliverables.
- Assist Project Managers in the development of project deliverables.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of cost estimates and design details for construction documents.
- Contributing to the creation of plant palettes and landscape design recommendations.
- Supporting project objectives such as aligning trails and other design elements to meet appropriate ADA requirements.
- Assisting in the creation of photo-renderings, concept sketches, and construction drawings as required for projects.
- Contributing to the design or redesign of roadways to follow complete street principles.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or a related field.
- One (1) or more years of experience in a consulting environment or public entity.
- General understanding of, and interest in, the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- General understanding of the design process.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently with supervision.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects, if necessary.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- General understanding of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or similar products.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Photoshop, ArcGIS, SketchUp, GoogleEarth GIS, or similar products.