Human Resources Generalist (#1371)
This is a true generalist position, with a focus on compliance and employee engagement. A working knowledge of human resource best practices, state and federal guidelines, principles and requirements is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Lead and support HR department projects and initiatives
- Provide a high level of customer service to all internal clients
Responsibilities + Tasks
- Administer compliance programs like AAP, OFCCP, FLSA, EEOC
- Work with HR and company leaders to administer and present company-wide standards, processes, and documents related to the above compliance programs
- Assist with termination and off-boarding procedures
- Maintain HR content on Alta intranet
- Respond to general HR inquiries and requests for information in a timely manner
- Ensure adherence with all established human resource policies and procedures.
- Manage and maintain personnel records in accordance with established procedures and state and Federal guidelines
- Contribute to employee communications as necessary
- Prepare HR reports as needed
- Provide backup support to Payroll + Benefits Specialist as needed
- Additional duties which may include:
- Support and administer employee recognition program
- Support recruiting efforts across the company including talent sourcing, scheduling interviews, candidate followup, and management of candidates in HRIS
- Coordinate on-boarding of new hires including managing the flow of new hire documentation and arranging for successful integration of the new hire into their position with Alta
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Three (3) or more years of experience in human resource related roles
- Experience with federal and state compliance programs
- General understanding and knowledge of human resource rules and regulations including those related but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Worker’s Compensation, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
- Experience working with a remote/distributed workforce, understanding of different local and state laws within HR context
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal (public speaking), and written communication skills; confidence in delivering communications
- Strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks and the ability to work independently.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, or similar products
- Experience with Google G Suite
- Experience with an HRIS (ADP WFN preferred) including the ability to extract data and provide relevant reports
- Exhibit discretion and confidentiality in all HR matters
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make recommendations by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, policies, procedures or governing law
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology, OR Human Resource Certification (PHR or SHRM-CP)
- Experience developing and/or implementing human resource procedures and best practices including project plans
- Experience in a professional services company
- Experience with Deltek Vision
- Experience creating or administering compensation programs
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm who specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations, but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures, and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.