Marketing Manager (#1370)
Alta Planning + Design is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our Durham, North Carolina office, responsible for leading the marketing for our east coast operations, working with our diverse team of planners, designers, and engineers. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional services marketer who is passionate about active transportation and the way it positively impacts our communities in need.
Summary + Overview
This exempt marketing department role has been designed to ensure the marketing efforts of Alta are well-supported and carried out in support of short-, medium- and long-term strategic objectives and goals.
A general understanding of market forces and the economic climate, the ability to react nimbly and quickly and meet competing priorities is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this exempt, salaried position are to:
- Manage a staff of marketing coordinators
- Participate in gathering and disseminating marketing best practices throughout Alta
- Support the enhancement of Alta’s reputation as a trusted adviser through effective marketing activities
- Coordinate proposal teams to strategically respond to RFQ and RFP requests for information; developing formal proposals including writing and editing some or all of the proposal, appropriately formatting and proofreading the proposals for presentation
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the completion and dissemination of annual regional annual strategic plans including collaborating with the Director of Marketing to modify and align the annual strategic plans towards overall strategic objectives.
- Participating in the identification, development and growth of service area specialties in support of Alta’s desired market expansion goals; participating in research and benchmarking activities in support of these goals.
- Assisting with the management of marketing related expenditures including managing budgets for targeted conferences, printed materials and other marketing expenditures where the strategy and goals reflect Alta’s vision and strategic position.
- Developing and updating marketing collateral including staff bios and resumes, emerging market documents and qualification documents.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of performance analyses and reporting to appropriate management level audiences.
- Maintaining, and updating as necessary, the Alta website and social media feeds including preparing blogs and other appropriate content.
- Leading creative projects such as white paper production, branding campaigns and newsletter development.
- Contributing to Alta’s internal Professional Development programs by developing and presenting material on marketing related topics.
- Collaborating with other operations departments including Information Technology, Finance, Administration and Human Resources in the development, implementation and execution of operations department goals and objectives.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, business or a related field of study.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in marketing; two (2) or more years of experience in a professional services firm.
- Understanding of, and interest in, the field of active, non-motorized transportation.
- General understanding of the planning and design process.
- Detailed understanding of the proposal development process for private and public agencies.
- Exhibits strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities, multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Exhibits accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent professional ethics, accountability, and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and analytic skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar products.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide management tools.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, business or a related field of study.
- Experience using Deltek Vision.
- Active participation in industry-relevant professional associations and committees.
- Experience managing and mentoring staff.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm who specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations, but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures, and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.