Project Coordinator (#1302)
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is an international consulting firm with a mission to create active communities. We plan, design, and implement infrastructure and programs that improve community and individual health, safety, mobility, and livability, such as bicycle, pedestrian, trail, park, green-way, and roadway planning, design, and implementation, as well as outreach and education. We are looking for a talented Project Coordinator to join our Los Angeles, CA office.
This position is responsible for providing support to project teams, Project Managers, Principals and others in support of project objectives and deliverables.
This position is responsible for providing support to project teams, Project Managers, Principals, and other staff in support of project objectives and deliverables. The essential priorities of this position are but are not limited to:
- Support all budget and resource management, billing, and administrative aspects of a project including the following to ensure the project team can meet project deadlines and deliverables:
- Tracking and reconciling project budgets using MS Excel and Deltek Vision
- Participating in the invoicing process including preparing reports and gathering information for the Project Manager to support timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Reviewing and understanding contract requirements related to billings and collections.
- Proofreading and editing documents.
- Arranging meetings and schedules including travel arrangements as necessary.
- Other essential project related administrative tasks and activities as necessary.
Responsibilities + Tasks
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing project set up forms and coordinating with finance and marketing.
- Disseminating relevant project information to key stakeholders.
- Assisting in the preparation of meeting materials including reports, schedules, presentations, agendas and other materials as necessary.
- Attending meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes, supporting the development of resource plans and schedules, and archiving project documents.
- Providing other administrative support as requested.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a Project Coordinator or similar position.
- Experience in a professional services firm or public entity.
- Strong initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and multiple, simultaneous tasks, and the ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced MS Excel skills; strong Word, Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar product skills.
- Understanding of billing process and invoicing cycles.
Preferred Skills + Certifications
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience mentoring and managing administrative personnel.
- Experience as a Contract Administrator.
- Experience using Deltek Vision or similar accounting software.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English highly desirable.
To apply, please upload a resume and a cover letter, telling us why you’re interested in Alta and why you’d be a good fit. Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be able to respond to email or phone inquiries.
Alta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. It is our policy that decisions involving people are made on the basis of job-related criteria, independent of an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability for which reasonable accommodation is available, and any other status protected by law. This includes decisions involving hiring, job placement, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, training and company-sponsored programs. Alta Planning + Design maintains formal employment policies, available on online and by request.
Affirmative Action Plan
Alta Planning + Design, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to affirmative action regulations requiring written Affirmative Action Plans (AAP’s) for minorities and women, and for covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. We worked intensively with a local firm who specializes in Affirmative Action Plans to develop a program for our company that will not only satisfy our federal obligations, but will be a living document. This means the plan is integrated into our recruiting and evaluation procedures, and is revisited often in order to ensure we’re doing everything we can to embrace and promote diversity within our company.