New Mobility Group: Managing Change in Our Cities
In a world of fast-changing technology, Alta continues to lead the way in building active, healthy, and connected communities.
Alta has formed the New Mobility Group in response to the ever-evolving field of transportation, including autonomous vehicles, shared use mobility, and new opportunities for placemaking with expanded mobility options. New Mobility is the application of technology for communications, new vehicle design, connecting people to transportation options, and driverless vehicles.
Alta’s New Mobility Group helps clients identify technology solutions that support healthy, active, and connected communities. Through robust civic engagement, new tools, applied research, and thoughtful planning, we help communities harness benefits while managing risks. We offer a unique combination of traditional multimodal expertise with specific expertise in pilot projects, bike share, transit, and mobility hubs.
Led by Lisa Nisenson, the New Mobility Group brings together experts in transportation, technology, marketing and promotion, urban design, city planning, economic analysis, car/bike share systems, transit, public input, roadway design, and bicycle and pedestrian planning and design.
Our Comprehensive Smart Mobility Plans and Autonomous Vehicle Fast Action Plans are designed to help public agencies understand and plan for changes in their transportation systems.
Read our latest white paper – “Preparing for New Mobility: Writing Effective Resolutions.”
Alta’s services include:
- Public Engagement: sparking conversations on the status of technology, key priorities and how transportation technology can enhance mobility at the local level.
- Scenario Planning: developing potential scenarios of how technology advances might unfold, and how various policy levers can be used to lessen risks and shape benefits.
- Smart Mobility Plans: addressing fast-moving disruption in the transportation sector by integrating transportation, technology, and infrastructure into a coordinated plan. Alta recommends smart city technologies related to active transportation, enhanced mobility, and placemaking.
- Shared Use Mobility Plans: leveraging our extensive experience in bike share for shared use facility siting, demand management, negotiating competing uses, and curbside and sidewalk demand management.
- Access to Transit: by designing a network of high-quality, low-stress walkways and bikeways to stations and mobility hubs, we can create safe, comfortable, intuitive, and convenient first- and last-mile connections.
Our approach to transportation planning integrates expert planning, design, economics, and land use to create opportunities for people to choose a wide array of transportation modes.
Contact Lisa Nisenson to learn more about how Alta can help you navigate this new world.
(202) 744-6854 | email@example.com