WEBINAR: Complete Streets in Suburban and Rural Communities
Southern California Council of Governments (SCAG) is hosting a webinar titled “Complete Streets in Suburban and Rural Communities” on Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (PST). If you think Complete Streets, Class IV bikeways and other active transportation projects are only for urban environments, think again. Join us for an upcoming webinar to learn how several agencies in the region have implemented policies and designed projects that improve the safety of people walking and bicycling, and fit with the character of their rural or suburban communities.
This workshop will feature:
- FHWA Small Town and Rural Multimodal Networks Guide developed by Alta, in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Pedestrian planning in Lake Los Angeles, presented by the LA County Department of Public Health
- Safe Routes to School and regional bikeway planning with the Ventura County Transportation Commission
- The Western Riverside Coalition of Governments (WRCOG) Active Transportation Plan
- Sam Corbett, Principal, Los Angeles, CA