Alta’s experience planning and designing trails and greenways has allowed us to work in hundreds of communities on a broad spectrum of projects. Trails are the connective tissue for local communities, regions and states, providing health and economic benefits, transportation routes, and a new way to experience and enjoy local culture. Our trail projects carefully address the context to create a corridor that provides an enjoyable, functional, and safe experience for users, and that coexists comfortably with its surroundings. Our services include trail master planning, feasibility studies, benefits analysis, full PS&Es, as well as developing environmental documentation, property acquisition strategies, cost estimates, wayfinding and trail identity, trailhead and landscape design, maintenance and management plans, and funding strategies.
Alta staff create experiences that:
- Integrate safe and efficient transportation
- Create a sense of ‘place” and provide scenic respite
- Are environmentally compatible
- Address mobility for people of all ages and abilities
- Help build communities that are connected, sustainable, and give residents the highest quality of life
Alta has a depth of experience in the planning and design of a variety of trail types and contexts, including urban and rural trail systems and equestrian, hiking and mountain biking trails.