Greenways and trails are becoming the connective tissue for regions and states, providing health benefits, transportation routes, and a new way to experience and enjoy local culture. Our greenways projects carefully address the context to find or create a corridor or greenway that provides an enjoyable, functional, and safe experience for greenway users, and that coexists comfortably with its surroundings. Alta greenways projects have included city, regional, state, and national/international greenways and systems.
Alta staff create experiences that:
- Integrate safe and efficient transportation
- Create a sense of ‘place” and provide scenic respite
- Are environmentally compatible
- Address mobility for people of all ages and abilities
- Help build communities that are connected, sustainable, and give residents the highest quality of life